For reasons that escape me Don Carpenter made a series of Twitter posts first implying that the document dump I will be releasing sometime next week will only be documents already out and available to the public through one or more on line file databases.

He found out in short order that he was quite wrong.

Don, who is supposed to be in the media himself apparently could not figure out what exactly the documents were until I hinted what they were.

In case those of you that are reading this have not figured it out, I ordered the court transcripts from the April hearing where Deric was finally arrested. I was toldĀ  by the court reporter that the transcripts will be hitting my email account by Friday, April 28 at the latest. I will then publish the transcripts in the same manner as I did with the transcripts from the previous hearing.

What Don fails to understand or reveal in his twitter posts is that court transcripts are not free. In fact they are somewhat expensive. In this case to the tune of $257.00.

Because I ordered the transcripts the public will get to see them for free, including Don Carpenter.

I am not sure why Don made such an issue out of my “teaser” which is a common method the media uses to get people to “tune in” at a specified time to see what it is that is being promoted.

What is done is done, however and the secret such as it is out.

• double check that
    • Posted April 25, 2017 at 6:30 am

“There were NO recordings made of the proceedings.”

You got to ask the court reporter, dude. They ALWAYS make an audio recording of the hearing so that they can double check themselves as they prepare the transcript. It is Form AO 436. Its like $15.

• Posted April 25, 2017 at 11:04 am

I will check again but I had checked when I was there personally and they said that there were no audio recordings.

• Posted April 25, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Well, if you are convinced that audio recordings are available, you are free to order them yourself. I am on a tight budget and have no plans to order any audio recordings for the time being.

• I wonder if they sell KY Jelly in the prison commissary?
    • Posted April 25, 2017 at 1:24 am

“I edited out a lot of redundant material and concentrated on the appropriate comments and actions that I felt were more relevant.”

Not to burst your bubble or hurt your feelings, but the problem with you doing that is that you really do not know what is redundant or relevant due to your complete lack of legal experience. So you leave a lot of important shit out. If you want to separate and / or high light those portions, fine, whatever. But you should also post the complete transcript.

I honestly don’t know why you waste your fucking time with those stupid transcripts anyways. The audio recording of the hearings is much more entertaining. But it’s your blog so whatever.

• Posted April 25, 2017 at 1:57 am

I will put up the next batch of transcripts unredacted. There were NO recordings made of the proceedings. I checked into this a long time ago. The only audio played at the April hearing was the one that was on the Free Deric page. I was not told if a copy would be available and since the recording is public anyway, I did not feel it necessary to ask for it.

On another note, if you feel you can do a better job, be my guest.

• Posted April 25, 2017 at 2:37 am

The transcripts are now available for downlading or reading. I will follow this format when the next batch is received.

• Say what?
    • Posted April 24, 2017 at 11:03 pm

Did Prinniefied ever apologize for the glass narrative she set out on Stuebenville “cover up” ?
    Deric got most of his info from Prinniefied.

I am no way standing up for Deric, but reading Jane Hanlin statement and the New Yorker article, I have yet to see Prinniefied take any responsibility

• who is don carpenter?
    • Posted April 24, 2017 at 6:25 pm

“I will then publish the transcripts in the same manner as I did with the transcripts from the previous hearing.”

Do you have a separate link on your site to where those March 8 transcripts are, cuz all I saw were a bunch of fucked up looking excerpts where you just cut & pasted small portions.

Carpenter is retard. Ignore him and just focus on what you are doing.

• Posted April 25, 2017 at 1:08 am

Don Carpenter operates a multimedia website. He originally covered the Steubenville case and also covered the actions of Deric. I am not sure why he chose to raise a stink about what it was that I had planned on releasing or how I promoted it. He is entitled to his opinion and I am entitled to voice my disagreement with him in return.
      When I did the original blog about those transcripts, I edited out a lot of redundant material and concentrated on the appropriate comments and actions that I felt were more relevant. I do plan on putting up the entire contents of both transcripts on a database where anyone can access them. I have been a bit pressed for time but will be setting this up shortly. The transcripts this time around will be 55 pages which was around the same size as the last batch. That is a lot of material to read through.