I have had a number of requests for the complete transcripts of the March hearing.

The link should enable whoever wishes to to download the file. If you run into problems, please let me know. There are no audio recordings available of this hearing

marchtranscripts

• Shannon
    • Posted April 27, 2017 at 8:07 am

Tor was a crappy lawyer.

The crime Deric committed, what a mess it had to of been for the owner of the website. He even transferred the web host. I can’t imagine what that poor guy went through to get his site back.

I also wonder, how the FBI got involved? Did he, the website owner, call FBI?

• Posted April 27, 2017 at 11:01 am

I ran into the same problem when 4chan hacked my website. To this date I am unable to recover 3 of my AOL accounts due to their changing the access to them. One was mine and the other two belonged to my wife and son both of whom are deceased. AOL will not help me recover any of them.
      The FBI was contacted by the administrator of the sports booster website and it was the Ohio FBI that originally got involved. Since Deric lived in Kentucky and Ohio declined to go further with the case, it was Kentucky who took it over and prosecuted the case.

• Posted April 27, 2017 at 11:22 am

Tor was not involved in the April hearing. It was another lawyer associated with the law firm.

• Notes on BOP
    • Posted April 25, 2017 at 3:22 pm

“Specifically, only those eligible inmates serving 37 months or more will now be eligible for up to a 12- month early release. Offenders serving 31-36 months will be eligible for only up to a nine-month sentence reduction, and those serving less than 31 months will be eligible for no more than a six-month sentence reduction.”

The maximum sentence reduction Deric could be eligible for would be siex months, if the article linked above is accurate.

• Posted April 25, 2017 at 4:26 pm

Well, he will still be serving quite a bit of time behind bars.

• Notes on BOP
    • Posted April 25, 2017 at 3:16 pm

It’s very complicated whether or not Deric would be eligible for the DRAP program or the 12 months off.

Standard good time in BOP is one month for every six months served. A two year sentence becomes about 20 months.

• double check that
    • Posted April 25, 2017 at 6:51 am

It was good of you to post the full transcript. In looking through the complete record i can see where the judge recommended Lostutter for the BOP Substance Abuse Treatment Program. See RR 39:13-16. I believe in an earlier comment here someone mentioned that if he got into that program that successful completion shaves ONE FULL YEAR of your sentence.

So that 19 months now looks to be much, much less.

But I am not sure and will have to look at this some more tomorrow and check with someone at the BOP to see for sure.

• Posted April 25, 2017 at 11:08 am

He may or may not get out earlier than the 24 months given to him. I did not hear the judge indicate that if he went into drug rehab that he would get any gain time.